The Stunning Truth about "Complete and Balanced" Pet Foods...
November 04, 2010
Spread the Word to
Friends And Family
By Sharing this Article!
Email this article to a friend
Vitamins and minerals play a fundamental role in the diet of companion animals.
Your dog or cat can quickly develop nutritional deficiencies that impede normal functioning if he isn't regularly consuming the right vitamins for his species in the right amounts.
According to Suite101.com, a few of the many jobs vitamins do in your pet's body include:
- Aiding in the release of energy from other nutrients
- Acting as free radical scavengers
- Serving as co-enzymes or enzyme precursors in various metabolic processes
- Helping to preserve cell membrane integrity
- Aiding in blood clotting
- Aiding in the transmission of nerve impulses