Weekly Pet Quiz: Cat Litter, Arthritic Dogs and TSA Canines

1 The best way to determine your own kitty's litter choice is to offer her several kinds in inexpensive side-by-side litter boxes and see which one she uses most often.

  • True

    The best way to determine your own kitty's litter choice is to offer her several kinds in inexpensive side-by-side litter boxes and see which one she uses most often. Learn more.

  • False

2 What amount of time is considered too long to leave a dog alone?

  • 1 to 2 hours
  • 3 to 5 hours
  • 6 to 8 hours
  • 10 to 12 hours

    There's no one-size-fits-all timeframe, but 10 to 12 hours is considered too long to leave a dog alone; they also shouldn't go without a potty break every four to six hours. Learn more.

3 You do not need to make any lifestyle adjustments for your dog if they develop arthritis.

  • True
  • False

    Many dogs develop arthritis as they get older, and it's important for pet parents to recognize both the overt signs of this progressive condition, as well as more subtle signs. Lifestyle adaptations for arthritic dogs can include making their home environment more accessible and comfortable, physical therapy sessions and other types of body work, and appropriate daily exercise. Learn more.

4 Which state has passed the first state-wide law that forces pet stores to sell only shelter animals?

  • Arizona
  • Nevada
  • California

    California has passed the first state-wide law in the U.S. that forces pet stores to sell only shelter animals (dogs, cats and rabbits), or incur penalties. Learn more.

  • Texas

5 It is estimated that ___ percent of TSA's canine have droopy ears.

  • 80

    It's estimated that about 80 percent of TSA's canine have droopy ears while the remaining 20 percent have pointed ears. Learn more.

  • 65
  • 40
  • 35

Click Here and be the first to comment on this article
Post your comment